You are welcome to register (open to the public) for one of the daily concerts that will be held during the Tel Hai International Piano Master Classes at Midreshet Ben-Gurion (Sde Boker) under the musical direction of Prof. Emanuel Krasovsky.
The International Piano Master Classes were founded by the late pianists Marina Bondarenko and Emanuel Krasovsky in 1992. Since 2006 they have been held at Midreshet Ben Gurion and have gained international repute. The teaching staff includes some of the most important and well-known teachers in Israel and around the world.
This year's master classes will feature 78 pianists from 17 countries: Israel, Australia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, China, Croatia, Romania, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Poland, Russia, South Korea, Serbia, Slovenia, Great Britain, Ukraine and Lithuania (for the first time).
WHEN: July 30, 2023 to August 17, 2023
WHERE: Midreshet Ben-Gurion (Sde Boker)
During the master class period, the teachers give private lessons to the young pianists every day between 09:00 to 13:00. Every day at 16:00 there is a master class by one of the teachers and every evening at 20:00 there is a concert with the participation of the young pianists or a special concert with the participation of teachers and guest artists.
During the course, between August 11-12 (Friday and Saturday), a piano concerto competition will be held. In addition to the monetary prizes, the winners of the competition will be invited to perform as soloists with the Rishon LeZion Symphony and Raanana Symphony orchestras.
Several of the participants in the master classes have previously won prizes in the world's most important competitions, including:
Daniil Trifonov- Winner of the Pnina Salzman Tel-Hai Excellence Award. Winner of first prize at the Rubinstein Competition and first prize at the Tchaikovsky Competition (2016), he is considered the most talented young pianist of his generation and performs with the most important orchestras in the world.
Yaron Kohlberg – Winner of the Cleveland Competition Currently Chairman and President of the Cleveland Competitions.
Lahav Shani – Incoming Conductor and Music Director of the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra (2019), Principal Conductor of the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra (2018), and Principal Conductor of the Munich Philharmonic Orchestra starting in 2026.
Nikita Mndoyantes – First Prize at Cleveland (2016).
Andrey Gugnin and Arseny Tarasevich-Nikolaev won the first prizes at the Sydney Competition (2016).
Tomer Gewirtzman - 1st prize award winner at the Young Concert Artists International Auditions (2015).
Suah Ye from South Korea – winner of the Pnina Salzman Prize of Excellence in 2016 and the Concerto Competition in 2018, won first place in the Arthur Rubinstein International Piano Competition for Young Adults in Beijing in 2017 and Second Prize and Best Performance Performance of the Beethoven Sonata at the Seoul International Piano Competition 2022.
Yeon-min Park also won the Pnina Salzman Prize and the Concerto Competition and won first prize at the George Enescu International Piano Competition 2020/2021 in Bucharest.
The teacher of both Suah Ye and Yeon-min Park is Prof. Aviram Reichert, one of the master class teachers.
Yevgeny Yontov, one of the six pianists who made it to the finals of the Rubinstein Competition, won the Best Chamber Music Performance Award and the Best Israeli Competitor Award (2017).
Ariel Lanyi is the winner of the Animato Competition in Paris 2018 and the Dudley International Competition. He is one of the six pianists who made it to the finals of the Rubinstein Competition 2022.
The Komova Sisters (Piano Duo) won second place in the 2017 Grand Prix London Virtuoso Competition in the mixed chamber music category.
Jeong Hyun Yoon – Winner of the Master Classes Concerto Competition in 2015. He won second prize at the Hong Kong International Piano Competition in 2017.
Israeli Yoav Levanon who started at Tel Hai at the age of 12, won the "Young Talent" award from the Excellency Cultural Association under the presidency of Her Majesty Queen Dona Sofia of Spain (2019). Performs at the prestigious Verbier Festival. He recently signed with classical music label Warner Classics and artist management company Harrison Parrott. Plays on the most important stages worldwide.
Shai Wosner has been appointed a member of the piano faculty at the Juilliard School, New York (2022).
The best teachers in the world are participating in 2023:
* Emanuel Krasovsky (Israel) – Professor of Piano at the Buchmann-Mehta School of Music at Tel Aviv University and the Barenboim-Said Academy in Berlin.
* Matti Raekallio (Finland) – Has a long career of teaching in the best schools in the world. He retired from his faculty positions at Juilliard and Sibelius Academy and is currently concentrating on freelance work as a teacher, judge and pianist.
* Assaf Zohar (Israel) – Head of the Piano Department at the Buchmann-Mehta School of Music, Tel Aviv University.
* Alon Goldstein (Israel/USA) – Professor of piano at the University of Missouri in Kansas and the most successful Israeli pianist and soloist in the world today.
* Oxana Yablonskaya – Professor of Piano at the Jerusalem Academy of Music and an outstanding pianist.
* Tomer Lev (Israel) - Professor of Piano and former head of the Buchmann-Mehta School of Music at Tel Aviv University.
* Jeffrey Swann (USA) - Professor of Piano at New York University and Outstanding Artist at Northern Arizona University. Winner of first prize at the Dino Ciani competition, sponsored by La Scala in Milan, winner of Queen Elizabeth's gold medal in Brussels.
* Norma Fisher (England) – Professor of Piano at the Royal College of Music, London. One of Britain's leading pianists and teachers. She has played with many of the world's greatest orchestras under leading conductors and with the best chamber musicians in Europe.
* Aviram Reichert (Israel / South Korea) - Professor of Piano at Seoul National University and an outstanding pianist, and prizewinner at the prestigious Van Cliburn International Competition in the USA.
* Massimiliano Ferrati (Italy) - Professor of Piano at the Agostino Stefani Conservatory in Castelfranco Veneto and the International Piano Festival in New York, winner of the third prize at the 10th Rubinstein Piano Competition held in Tel Aviv.
* Yoni Farhi (Israel) - pianist and conductor, performs in Israel and abroad.
* Denis Burstein (Russia) Professor at the Russian Gnessin Academy of Music in Moscow. He has appeared as a soloist with orchestras around the world.
* Dror Semmel (Israel) faculty member at Buchmann-Mehta School of Music, Tel Aviv University, and the Israel Conservatory in Tel Aviv; He has performed internationally as a soloist and as part of a piano duo.
* Yossi Reshef (Israel/Berlin) - pedagogue, concert pianist and conductor.
* Tami Kanazawa and Yuval Admoni – piano duo teachers at Buchmann-Mehta School of Music, Tel Aviv University, winners of international duo competitions.
* Ido Ariel – accompanist, vocal coach, conductor and lecturer. Song workshop.
* Vera Vaidman (Israel) – one of Israel's leading violinists, has performed with Israel's most famous orchestras and conductors. Chamber music instructor.
* Yotam Baruch (Israel) – member of the Ben Haim Piano Trio. He has performed as a soloist and chamber musician in Israel in the world's largest venues - an instructor in the field of chamber music.
* Guy Mintus (Israel) – concert pianist with diverse and mixing styles. His music is a meeting point between different rivers of inspiration that flow freely to each other. Graduate of Tel Hai International Master Classes.
An overview of the master classes, competitions, and special concerts is available on the masterclass website.
The events are open to the general public by pre-registration using the email and phone number below.
Thursday, August 17th at 20:30
A festive graduation concert of the master classes will be held in the Recanati Hall of the Tel Aviv Museum. Tickets may be purchased below.
PRE-REGISTRATION AND TICKETS
The Tel-Hai Association International Piano Master Classes and the Executive Committee are composed entirely of volunteers
Chairperson: Sarah Lahat
Music Director: Prof. Emanuel Krasovsky
General Manager : Oshri Segev
Administrative Manager: Inbal Rosenhaus
Music Producer: Yoni Farhi
Patron: Evgeny Kissin
Disclaimer: All marketing affiliations have been canceled. Articles
before March 2021 may contain links that were once affiliate links but are now regular links.